Who We Are
Inside Success Union CIC
How Can You Contact Us
Phone: +44 7928 872 190
How We Collect Your Data
Information you give us directly
For example, we may obtain information about you when you take part in one of our events, make a donation, contact us through one of our forms, apply to volunteer for us or when you register to receive our newsletter.
Information you give us indirectly
Your information may be shared with us by third parties, which might include:
- event organisers and staff members
- our fundraisers; and
- subcontractors acting on our behalf who provide us with technical, payment or delivery services, our business partners, advertising networks analytics providers and search information providers.
When you visit this website
We, like many companies, may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the type of device you’re using, the IP address, browser and operating system being used to connect your computer to the internet. This information may be used to improve the services we offer.
- information about your visit to this website, for example we collect information about pages you visit and how you navigate the website, i.e. length of visits to certain pages, products and services you viewed and searched for, referral sources (e.g. how you arrived at our website).
We collect and use your personal information by using cookies on our website – more information on cookies can be found under the ‘Cookie Consent’ section below.
When you interact with our content
When you interact with us on social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter we may obtain information about you (for example, when you publicly tag us in an event photo). The information we receive will depend on the privacy preferences you have set on those types of platforms.
We may supplement what we know about you information from publicly available sources such as public social media accounts, the electoral register and Companies House in order to create a fuller understanding of someone’s interests and support. We would do this ensure that our communication with you is relevant and tailored to your background and interests. This allows us to better understand your interests, preferences, and level of potential engagement and/or donation, so that we can contact you in the most appropriate way and to ensure that we do not send you unwanted communications, and to be more focused, efficient and cost-effective with our resources. We may collect this information ourselves or through third-party service providers.
We may also use your personal information to detect and reduce fraud and credit risk.
We’re committed to putting you in control of your data so you’re free to opt out of your information being used in this way at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
What Information Do We Collect
The information we collect from you directly or from third parties with whom we work, may include:
- email address,
- telephone number,
- contact preferences,
- date of birth,
- gender, where appropriate (e.g., where registering for an event or volunteering).
- your bank or credit card details. If you make a donation online or make a purchase, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions;
- any other personal information shared with us.
We may also collect and process information about your interactions with us, including details about our contacts with you through email, SMS, post, on the phone or in person (i.e., the date, time, and method of contact), details about donations you make to us, events or activities that you register for or attend and any other support you provide to us. We may also collect and record any other relevant information you share with us about yourself.
Where we have identified that you may have the capacity or affinity to support Inside Success Union CIC at a higher level, we may use the information we hold about you to identify connections between you and our existing circle of key supporters. We may review other information about you that is available to the public through internet searches, social networks, such as LinkedIn, subscription services, news archives or public databases (e.g., Companies House, the electoral, political and property registers), so that we can engage with you in a more personalised way.
Data protection laws recognise certain categories of personal information as sensitive and therefore requiring greater protection, for example, information about your health and ethnicity. We do not usually collect sensitive data about you unless there is a clear and valid reason for doing so and data protection laws allow us to.
How We Use Your Information
We may use your information in a number of ways, including:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you have requested from us or that we feel may be of interest to you;
- To provide you with information about our work or our activities;
- To process donations we may receive from you;
- To fundraise in accordance with our internal policies and procedures;
- For administrative purposes (for example, we may contact you regarding a volunteer application you have submitted, to provide information requested from us or query a donation you may have made to us);
- For internal record keeping relating to any donations, feedback, or complaints;
- To contact you where you have been identified as a contact person for an organisation, such as a school (if we obtain your contact details in this way, we will only use them to contact you in your capacity as a representative of that organisation unless you have separately indicated that you are happy to be contacted as an individual supporter);
- To conduct analysis and market research to better understand how we can improve our services, products or information;
- To tailor advertising that is presented to you on the Internet according to your interests, preferences and other characteristics
- To direct advertisements and other communications to other people who may have similar interests or other characteristics to yours
- To carry out any obligations where we are required by law to disclose or otherwise use your information
- To seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- To notify you of changes to our services;
- To send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about campaigns, fundraising appeals and activities and promotions of goods and services; and
- To process volunteer or job applications.
In particular, we may contact you for marketing purposes by email or text message if you have agreed to be contacted in this manner. We may also contact you by email, text message or phone call regarding applications and forms you have completed on our website. You can contact us directly to change your marketing preferences.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information
We keep your information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes it was collected for. The length of time we retain your personal information for is determined by operational and legal considerations. For example, we are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfill our legal and regulatory obligations (e.g. health/safety and tax/accounting purposes).
Your Credit or Debit Card Information
If you use your credit or debit card to donate to us, we use a secure third-party for the processing of your donation and do not store the details on our website or databases. For more information, visit https://paypal.co.uk/
- You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
- To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
- It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links To Other Websites
16 or Under
We want to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Changes to our Policy
You may contact Inside Success Union CIC by email at firstname.lastname@example.org